Wearable smartwatch and bands have become both a fashion and a part of the daily lives of many. These pieces of plastic possess the ability to keep track of one’s fitness as well as do the traditional time telling.
Xiaomi is among the most successful companies when it comes to wearable electronics. Besides the smart bands it makes in its own name, they have collaborations that produce similar products. An example is Huami and Haylou.
Now, it has announced that its Mi Band 4 has become the best-selling fitness bracelet in the world.
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 is the most popular fitness bracelet in the world
The company made this announcement on its social network Twitter (on the official page of the international division of Xiaomi). In its announcement, Xiaomi refers to data from the Canalys analytical company for the period: 3rd quarter of 2019 to first quarter of 2020.
WOW! #MiSmartBand4 is the best-selling wearable band in the world! 🎉
— Xiaomi (@Xiaomi) July 9, 2020
Xiaomi smart bracelets have been successful from the very beginning. Over time, the demand for them keeps growing. The original Mi Band was sold in a million copies in nine months. Mi Band 2 in 2016 crossed the millionth mark in just two months. Mi Band 3 reached this mark in 17 days, and Mi Band 4 took only 8 days to achieve the same.
If you aren’t already aware of the specifications of this smart band, then here is a reminder.
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 specifications
- 0.95-inch (120 x 240 pixels) AMOLED 24bit color touch screen display with up to 400 nits brightness, 2.5D scratch-resistant glass
- Shows time, steps, heart rate, activities, weather, notifications from apps, calls and more
- Photoplethysmography (PPG) / Heart rate sensor
- Monitors your fitness and tracks your sleep, Sedentary reminder
- Tri-axis Accelerometer + Tri-axis Gyro, Capacitive Wear Monitoring Sensor
- 22.1g ultra-light body
- 5ATM (50 meters) water-resistant
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE
- 135mAh Li-Ion polymer battery with up to 20 days of usage
The latest model, Xiaomi Mi Band 5, is officially unveiled and sold only in China. For the international market, Xiaomi will introduce it as Mi Smart Band 5. You should, therefore, expect to see a discounting of the Mi Band 4 soon.
Read more about how an Apple smartwatch saved a patient’s life here