A vaginal yeast infection is an infection caused by fungi, this causes irritation, some forms of discharge and intense itchiness in and around the vagina.
It is not a sexually transmitted infection(STIs). But, there is a risk increase after your first sexual experience.
- A light or intense itching and irritation in the vagina
- Swelling of the vulva
- Having a rash on the lips of your vagina
- You feel a burning sensation when peeing or having intercourse.
- feeling al sore around the vagina and vulva
- A thick, white, and creamy odor-free discharge with a which appears like cheese.
How to prevent it?
- Limit wearing too tight shorts or leggings.
- Wear cotton underwear.
- Don’t douche.
- Stop using scented feminine products like vaginal wash, pads and tampons. Choose the unscented ones.
- Don’t take baths in hot tubs.
- Stop wearing wet clothes, for a longtime, like swimsuits or underwear.
You can also visit a clinic or hospital incase you are not sure of what you have.